Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Wall


Years ago we lost the back porch on our log cabin to rotten timbers. Since that time rain has taken it's toll and created wood rot that has necessitated major house repair. It is a simple process, grind away the rotten wood. Create a base, line the wall creating a false wall with treated 2 X 6's and then face the timbers with log facing recreating the log appearance. I have had this task for over three years and for some reason I have had a mental block against attacking the problem. I think it has to do with the magnitude of the task and the fact that you are fiddling with what I think is the structure of the house.

Well today I started rebuilding the wall. It was a lot easier than I thought, yet I've put it off for years. Now the relief is enormous and the feeling that I can get it done is overwhelming. I've enclosed some pictures that indicate the type of work I've done to date. I'll show finished when I get to that point.



alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5287258365369984930" />

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed, Dad! That does look like quite a daunting project, I'll procrastinate on that one as well. Looks good so far, hope the weather clears up so you can get it complete and have a weather-proof house again.

    ReplyDelete