Friday, February 23, 2007

What's good about anything?

I grew up in the 60's. Our involvement in Vietnam was growing dramatically. Martin Luther King was leading the good fight, and with courage and dignity, but it was a fight trying to right evil acts. The Cold War was in full swing and America was concerned about nuclear war. When our first child was born in 1968 I thought they are going to be raised in tough times.

Today I am a Grandfather in the new millennium. Now we have Iraq-Nam. Politics has become a vicious profession with gamesmanship being the watch word. I do not see much of an attempt by either party to move our society forward, just place the blame on the other guy. I hear Hillary proclaiming she will bring out country together, hell its together, the politicians just aren't listening. We are fouling our planet and it is a tougher time to raise children than at any other time in our history.

Are we divided? Yes, but then if we weren't there would be no politics. What I do not see is anyone reaching out to gain information on what the American public really wants. Everyone is using misleading surveys to put forth their agenda, they are not listening to mine.

Who among the major political figures do I like, John McCain, Joe Biden, John Edwards, and who knows Mit Romney might be a capable person. I do not like or trust Hillary. I see no sincerity in her whatsoever. Obama, he could be good, but I already feel like he is being seduced by the process instead of creating a vision.

I really wish the "Silent Majority" would step up and push term limits. Limit a Senator to one six year term, a Representative to two two year terms. "Throw the rascals out." Let people with ideals and vision vote for us, not the entrenched politicians who develop their own agenda. I recall those words stating a government for the people, by the people and of the people. Now it is rich people pretending to be regular "Joes" voting on our behalf when a lot of them haven't experienced life's travails. I wish those with the power would exert that power on our collective behalf.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my new friends. I am so glad to have found someone that understands. I am 9 days post-op came home day six got readmitted for a reanastamosis site bleed. Home day eight. Had ten inches of sigmoid and descending colon removed. Partial lap, 4 small incisions and one big one. Crohns, and diverticulitis both!!! Double wammy. I am a young female who knows to much and too little, I am a Physician Assistant, not suppose to be the patient! To make matters worse two week prior to surgery ruptured two lumbar discs lifting weights trying to go into the surgery as healthy as possible.
    I am currently feeling like "crap" no pun intended. Trying to be a stoic mom, and have a positive attitude, but it is tough; leaking, the runs, gas, pain, and frustration of wanting to "fix it". I live in Michigan and it just started snowing again! I tried my first night last night with out pain meds, used a body pillow, and a stuffed animal on my belly! What is the diet suggestions? What is the timing of pain let-up? I thought I could go back to work in peds ER and peds ortho surgery in 4 weeks think I might have been optimistic, just emailed my boss. Thanks to my new great friends for an out-let...hugs to you all Kat

    ReplyDelete